graves in and around Albersdorf: In the middle of the place, there is the "Brutkamp",
a megalithic chamber (polygonal "dolmen") with a covering stone, weighing
25 tons, in the street "Brutkamp" opposite to the old school building,
and the smaller "dolmen" behind the youth hostel
(1-2). In the forest of "Bredenhoop", in the south of the place, interesting,
partly destroyed group of megalithic long barrows (3). Near huge grave
mounds of the Bronze Age, e. g. the mound underneath the observation tower.
Here, the Museum für Archäologie und Ökologie
willbe found as well as the Archeological-Ecological Center (AÖZA).
4 Grave with pit
stone of Bunsoh (car park in the west of the place at the road leading
to Wrohm-Rendsburg), passage grave, about 3000 BC; one of the three covering
stones ornamented with many pits and symbols two milleniums later. Grave
mound belonging to it, extended in the Bronze Age.
5 Group of grave
mounds in the north east of Arkebek: Far visible huge hills from the older
Bronze Age, about 1400-900 BC.
chamber of Dellbrück (closely south of the road Meldorf-Albersdorf,
sign „Marienburg"): Well preserved stone chamber from about 3000 BC. On
the same way in a small wood behind a bridge the Marienburg castle (7):
impressive earth hill, rampart and trench remainders of a late medieval
tower hill castle, which was built in vain against the people of Dithmarschen
1-3 4 5 6-7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
8 Passage grave
near Linden-Pahlkrug: Restored passage
grave in the interior of a grave mound, about 3000 BC, which conveys very
well the original appearance of a stone room from the Bronze Age. Car park
west of Pahlkrug, north of the main road.
Saxonian ring rampart castle (9th until 10th century), accessible from
the road Weddingstedt-Borgholz to Neuenkirchen, sign at the edge of the
geest to the marsh. The southern rampart gap is an old excavation cut,
the two others mark both of the former gates.
Enormous one gate saxonian ring rampart castle from the 9th until 11th
century within the town of Burg, contains a cemetary since 1818.
remainders of a medieval defense building, reaching from valley to valley,
with two ramparts and three trenches, best conserved in a small forest
in the west of the village, at the road to St. Michaelisdonn.
12 Oldest dike
near Großbüttel (road Heide-Büsum, car park 2km west of
the town Wöhrden): repeatedly partly withdrewn line of the older dike
(12th century) in the extension phase, about 1700. Behind the dike, former
housing hill (Dorfwurt), partly cleared away, now only a farm house. Immediately
at the intersection of dike and the street a former breach in the dike
(pond with reeds, „Wehle").
13 Former North
Sea steep coast („Klev") from the time of about 7000-4000 BC near the airfield
of Hopen near Friedrichshof, southeast of St. Michaelisdonn. Possibility
of walking and view overlooking the marsh.
14 Breach in the
dike of the river Eider from 1825, north of the place Preil (farmstead
road), from there footpath on top of the dike eastward. On the water side,
the spot has been built around by a new dike and has stayed allmost unchanged.